GENIPRO is currently seeking a professional to act as project manager and representative for a client in the pharmaceutical sector. The candidate selected will notably be assigned the following responsibilities:
Role and responsibilities
- Develop the requirements package for the user specifications, based on operational needs.
- Establish the timeframes and budgets for property improvement projects (manufacturing and facilities).
- Prepare calls for tenders, and award mandates to professionals, contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Implement new technologies while maintaining tight control over costs and deadlines.
- Manage and coordinate all work conducted by external contractors, and ensure full compliance with quality assurance and validation criteria.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget, ensuring adherence to timetables and quality standards.
- Identify and resolve any problems that may impact operations, while minimizing risks.
- Share knowledge and best practices with the project team.
- Work in close collaboration with employees in the clientâ€™s various departments (engineering, purchasing, finance, quality andÂ production).
Desired skills and experience
- Engineering degree (mechanical, chemical, process, construction, electrical or automation); member of OIQ.
- 1Â to 5Â years of experience in engineering project management in the pharmaceutical or food industry. PMP certification an asset.
- Practical experience in the pharmaceutical and/or food sectors. Experience in biotech or sterile environments an asset.
- Practical experience in the construction site environment an asset.
- Leadership and strong ability to represent the client in all facets of the job responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with contractors, suppliers, employees and executives; advanced writing skills for the production of presentations, reports, timetables, etc.
- Fluency in English and French (spoken and written).
- General health and safety training for construction sites – ASP Construction Certification an asset.
- Able to work in a multi-task environment.
- IT proficiency in programs such as project management software and the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid driverâ€™s license and passport.
- Available to travel on occasion.
Business intelligence in project management
Since our founding in 1991, we have provided technical expertise and project management services to businesses and institutions of all sizes. We act strictly in the interests of our clients. We have always been and will always be completely independent of the professional firms and general contractors involved in executing the work.
Today, Genipro is comprised of more than 20 professionals, engineers and technologists with expertise in pharmaceutical development, engineering, operations, information technology, compliance and construction.